Open Hearts, Open Minds, Open Arms
Fall 2021 Schedule Beginning Sunday September 12
8:00 a.m. Worship with Communion in Monteith Hall, and will regularly include our new Resident Ministers
- Coffee Hour follows on the Monteith Hall Terrace or in the Welcome Center 9:30 a.m.
9:30 a.m. Worship in the Sanctuary with the Chancel Choir
After the Conversation with Young Disciples
- Worship LAB for Children (K through 5th grade) in Monteith Hall.
- Embodying Scripture for Middle School (6th - 8th grade) in the Lewis Room.
- High Schoolers are invited to stay in worship or join the above activities in a leadership role.
Worship LAB: A Hands-On Experience for our Youngest Disciples (K through 5th grade)
Specially created for our congregation, this hands-on experience is a place where children can ask questions and dig deeper into the various parts of Presbyterian Worship. Each child will learn what they have to offer to worship as they discover and understand their place in the Body of Christ on Sunday mornings. "It's like someone hits the pause button on worship so they can ask all the questions and touch all the things, then press play again!" "This LAB is Living And Breathing!" Participants leave for worship lab following the young disciples conversation, when they would have normally left for sunday school classes. They will return after the sermon, during the hymn or during the doxology (this will vary each week based on activity, but the goal is during the 2nd hymn, or directly following the sermon).
- Childcare available by reservation for infant through Pre-K
10:30 a.m. Coffee Hour in the Social Hall. Masks still need to be worn.
- On the LAST Sunday of the month, there is also a virtual ZOOM coffee hour. Here is the link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/
10:30 - 10:55 a.m. Children’s Choir Rehearsal: K through 5th Grade
11:00–11:50 a.m. Faith Formation for All Ages
- Classes for Children,
- Young Adults (T2A2)
- College Students, and
- Adults, including Exploring the Faith, First Friends, and The Bible at 11:00 o'clock
Child care is available by reservation.
12:00 noon - Campus Ministry Lunch (following the Faith Formation class)
1:30 p.m. Orchestra rehearses
6:00 p.m. Youth Groups meet
We are welcoming several guest preachers starting with Dr. Tom Long who joins us September 12. Rev. Lal Rodawla, former Resident Minister, returns to First Pres on October 3. Dr. Margaret Aymer preaches on October 17. Rev. Sarah Wiles, former Resident Minister, returns on October 31. Former Campus Pastor Rev. Amy Morrison Heinrich returns on November 14. Rev. Scott Black Johnson visits on January 30. Our 8:00 a.m. preaching rotation will regularly include our new Resident Ministers.
- 9:00 a.m. Prayer Team meets via ZOOM https://firstpresbyterian.wufoo.com/forms/prayer-request/
- 7:00 p.m. Bell Choir rehearses in Room 300
- 7:00 p.m. Chancel Choir rehearses in Montieth Hall
Radio Worship is broadcast at 11:00 a.m. on WAAM (1600 AM) and on the web (www.waamradio.com/).