Local Mission Opportunities
Dear Friends of Local Mission,
The following is a list of the ways you can connect with one of our Local Mission ministries. Our ministries fall into several categories listed below, with contact information.
If you have not connected yet with those programs of interest to you, we hope this list will be helpful.
Homeless and Housing Ministries:
- Alpha House family shelter: Gail Einhaus, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rotating Shelter: Jim Peggs, email@example.com
- Habitat for Humanity: Don Redding, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cass Community Social Services: Don Redding, email@example.com
Food & Meal Ministries:
- Food Rescue: Don Redding, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hope Clinic: Maurine Nelson, email@example.com
- Delonis Center: Currently, there is no organized First Pres ministry, but volunteers are welcome to contact https://www.foodgatherers.org/?module=Page&sID=get-invovled
Children and Family Programs, including tutoring:
- Peace Neighborhood Center: No organized First Pres ministry, but volunteers are welcome Contact: http://peaceneighborhoodcenter.org/get-involved/
- Community Action Network (CAN): Currently there is no organized First Pres ministry, but volunteers are welcome contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 734-994-2985 ext. 131.
Family to Family Christmas Gift Giving: Contact Julie Morrison, email@example.com
Click on any of the three links below to find out more about the three specific iniatives:
- Racial Justice: Contact Sharon Sheldon, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Climate Change: Contact David Christensen, email@example.com
- Gun Violence Prevention: Contact Jim Peggs, firstname.lastname@example.orgJim
Thank you for your interest in Making God’s Love Visible through our Local Mission Program.
Helena Prince & Jim Peggs
Local Mission Co-Chairs
Local Mission Grant Program
The Local Mission Team of First Pres is a group of committed disciples seeking to listen for God’s calling in this moment and in this community. The Local Mission team undergoes a process of discernment, paying attention to the needs we observe in our area and the organizations that are addressing those needs. We are particularly interested in partnering with organizations that meet basic human needs with effective programs and build communities and/or tackle structural social inequities as they engage in long cycle solutions.
Visit our Local Mission Grant Program page for information on current guidelines, application information, and deadlines.