Tell Me More!
Each month a "Tell Me More" session is held to learn more about our church. Are you a prospective member, regular attender, frequent guest, or someone new who really wants to know more? Watch for upcoming announcements on the day/time of the next session.
We’ll answer any question you have and surely hear a few we didn’t expect! It’s a lively hour together for all ages. Contact Rev. Rogers so we know to look for you! (firstname.lastname@example.org; or 734-355-2351)
Fast Track to Membership
You already belong, of course — for all are welcome at First Pres, and membership is not required to participate in our ministries. However, by becoming a member formally, you have voice and vote in congregational meetings, and can express to us your commitment to First Pres to be an active part. Your joining allows us to support you more fully and help you stay engaged and grow in faith. Fast-Track to membership is after worship on a Sunday coming up! It takes about 20 minutes of meeting with a pastor and an elder. Attend a new-member class either before or after!
The following dates have been set aside for "Fast Track to Membership" sessions (all sessions are in the Pastor's Office at 11:00 a.m. and are also virtual)
- January 9
- January 23
- February 13
- March 6
- April 3
This is a time to get to know First Pres’ ministries, missions, programs and staff much better!
Zoom Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84143125355
New Member Class coming January 16
The questions of membership are:
- Who is your Lord and Savior? Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior.
- Do you trust him? I do.
- Do you intend to be his disciple, to obey his Word, and to show his love? I do.
- Will you be a faithful member of this congregation, giving of yourself in every way, and will you seek the fellowship of the church wherever you may be? I will.
Individuals may join the church by Profession of Faith and Baptism (for those who have never been baptized), by Reaffirmation of Faith (for those who are not currently active members of another Christian church), or by Transfer of Church Letter (for those on the active roll of another church.) Individuals may also choose to join as an Affiliate Member, meant for those in Ann Arbor on a short-term basis who are active church members elsewhere. Especially appropriate for college students, it carries all the privileges of active membership except the right to vote in congregational meetings and hold church office.
Forms / Handouts
- New Member Class Information Form - This form helps us in multiple ways: in creating or updating your information for our church records; in learning how we can best serve you as you join our official membership; and in providing us a way to start getting to know one another.
- New Member Class Handout - Information about First Pres: who we are, our ministries, church membership questions, how we are governed, etc.