First Presbyterian Church receives a majority of its financial support from commitments pledged to the general operating fund. Pledges are disbursed according to the will of the congregation as approved by Session. Donated funds can be designated for a specific purpose by indicating your preference on your check or with your online or mobile gift.
How Can I Make a Donation?
Our on-line option allows you to give a one-time donation as well as set-up recurring contributions.
We currently have these funds available on the website:
- General Operating Fund 2021
- Communion Sunday Food Collection
- Presbyterian Disaster Assistance – Hurricane Ida and/or Haiti earthquake
- Mature Ministries
- Resident Ministry Endowment
- Other/Specify – for any contributions or payments that are not listed you may always us this option and specify where your contribution/payment should be applied.
We will add the PCUSA Special Offerings and other special missions/ministries throughout the year to make it easier for you to support these programs.
We hope that you like the new format. As always if you need any assistance or have any questions please do not hesitate to contact Anna Miller, Finance Manager, at 734-662-4466 ext. 344 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click on the picture below to go to the new site.
Thank you for supporting the ministry and mission of First Pres.
MOBILE GIVING: VANCO MOBILE
Vanco Mobile is an app that provides a secure, mobile version of First Pres’ online giving page. Members and friends can use it to make secure, convenient one-time or recurring donations. You can choose to create a Vanco Mobile account and save your information for future donations, manage your giving options, and review your donation history – all from your smart phone!
Four Easy Steps to Mobile Giving:
- Download the free App "Vanco Mobile" by Vanco Services
- Search for First Presbyterian Church Ann Arbor (Note: It may narrow the list if you click on “find a church near me” at the bottom of the screen)
- Select a fund and an amount to give
- Provide a credit/debit card
Give+Text is a fast, safe, convenient way to make one-time donations or recurring gifts. Once you have signed up, there is no login or account set-up required. Give+Text is fast and easy!
Give+ Text Number: 855-904-1523
How does it work? Simply send a text message containing the dollar amount you wish to give to 855-904-1523. Within a few minutes you’ll receive a text response containing a link to register. Click on the link and enter your cardholder name and credit or debit card information. Once your registration is complete, you will receive a text verification and a receipt of your donation via email.
Want to give to a specific fund?
Text the word Funds or #Funds to receive a list of the church’s Give+ Text funds. Text the dollar amount and the name of the fund you wish to contribute to. Example: 50 Music
Available Funds (Keyword listed first, then fund name)
- General Operating Funds - No Keyword needed. Unless a different fund is indicated, this is the default for contributions and includes pledge payments and one-time or recurring contributions
- Food - Communion Sunday Food Drive
- Music - Sacred Music Fund
- Resident - Resident Minister Endowment
- OGHS - One Great Hour of Sharing Offering
- Pentecost - Pentecost Offering
- Peace - Peace Offering
- Joy - Christmas Joy Offering
For future giving, simply send a text with the amount you wish to give and it will process automatically. You may even text “repeat” to make a recurring donation – annual, quarterly, monthly, or weekly.
For more information, view our Smart Phone Giving Brochure (pdf).
Mail a Donation
Contributions can also be mailed to us at:
First Presbyterian Church
Attn: Finance Manager
1432 Washtenaw Ave
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
Contact the Finance Office at 734-662-4466.