If you are a woman at First Pres, then YOU are a Presbyterian Woman!
Join us and…
- Enrich your faith
- Participate in local and global mission
- Work for peace and social justice, and
- Support ministries at First Pres
Learn More - Stay Connected
- PW sends out an email blast once a month from September – May sharing activities of interest to women.
- Watch the bulletin, read Our Life Together, or consult the PW bulletin board by the Welcome Center for current information.
- Click on the pdf of our current yearbook to access our slate of officers, Monthly PW Gathering agenda and lessons and more!
DONATE TO PW ONLINE HERE
Enrich Your Faith
The Horizons Bible Study
Second Thursday of the Month, September through May
10:30 a.m., Curtis Room
The 2023-24 PW Bible study is Sacred Encounters: The Power and Presence of Jesus Christ in Luke-Acts by author Olive Mahabir. Take a closer look at Jesus and his disciples as they share the Good News through sacred encounters with everyday people.
- 10:30 - 11:30 a.m. Bible Study – Study books are available ($10).
- 11:30 - 11:45 a.m. PW Business Meeting
- 11:50 - Noon - Break
- Noon - PW will join Mature Ministries’ Lunch & Learn program in the Social Hall. Sign up to attend Lunch & Learn in the Church Office.
- If there are mission activities going on, you will find Presbyterian Women!
Donate to specific or general PW Mission activities by clicking on the “Donate to PW Here” link above.
William Barclay Bible Study
Wednesdays, September 13 – November 15 & January 10 – March 7
10:30 a.m., Vance Room
Read, ponder, and pray with us as we dig deeper into Paul’s Second letter to the Corinthians. For more information, contact Meg at firstname.lastname@example.org
First Thursday of the Month, September through May
10:30 - Noon, Vance Room
Join us in the Vance Room on the first Thursday of the month. Explore your spirituality in a new way. Write from a one-word prompt then share and discuss your work. Group meets from September 7- May 2. Questions? Contact Meg Brown at email@example.com.
If there are mission activities going on, you will find Presbyterian Women!
PW is actively involved in supporting local mission initiatives including
- Detroit Hunger Mission- delivery of all church monthly food collection to the Detroit Presbytery two months per year
- House By the Side of the Road- donations used for free distribution of gently used clothing and small household items
- Friends Indeed Circles program, Ypsilanti- financial and volunteer participation to help others improve their lives
- S.O.S. (Students Offering Support) Community Services, Ypsilanti – Twice yearly delivery of food
- Hope Clinic, Ypsilanti - financial and volunteer support
Ingathering 2023 - September-November
We’re taking on an “Undercover Operation!” PW will be collecting new underwear of all sizes for House by the Side of the Road. They will be made available to House clients referred from Social Services, Immigration and many other Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti non-profits. Please put your donations in the collection box by the Welcome Center. Monetary contributions are welcome as well!
Religious Education Scholarships
Men and women beginning or currently enrolled in seminary or religious education programs are encouraged to apply to the Presbyterian Women Religious Education Scholarship. Applications (click here to download) are now being accepted for the 2024-2025 school year. The application deadline is April 2024. Contact Kyle Hall at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. If you know of someone who may benefit from this scholarship, please encourage them to apply.
Presbyterian Women provides a simple reception following a memorial or funeral service consisting of coffee, punch, and cookies. Help us continue this loving service by volunteering a few hours of your time to be a memorial reception volunteer. Contact Felicity Williams, (email@example.com) or Nancy Fox (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
Interested in baking cookies for memorial receptions? Contact Michele Derr, email@example.com, to sign up.
The Birthday Offering
Since its inception in 1922, the Birthday Offering has contributed more than $36 million to mission projects that improve lives around the world and here at home.
Fellowship of the Least Coin
Fellowship of the Least Coin is a global, ecumenical prayer movement. The least coins and prayers given by each participant joins with others from around the world to represent our common quest for peace, justice, and reconciliation. This offering is used for grants to special projects of evangelism, service, ecumenical solidarity, relief, and awareness-building among women throughout the world.
FSIL Haiti School of Nursing
The Faculté des Sciences Infirmières de l’Université Episcopale d’Haïti (Faculty of Nursing Science of the Episcopal University of Haiti or FSIL) is the first four-year baccalaureate school of nursing in Haiti. Our own Dr. Ruth Barnard was instrumental in organizing this nursing school. PW continues to support FSIL through the Haiti Foundation, Ann Arbor, in honor of Ruth and her vision and work.
How to Donate
Contribute to specific or general PW Mission activities by clicking here: https://firstpresbyterian.wufoo.com/forms/donate-to-presbyterian-women/ . Checks may also be written to “Presbyterian Women” with the name of the specific project included on the memo line. Drop them off at the Church Office or mail them to: Felicity Williams, PW Treasurer, 854 Asa Gray Dr, Ann Arbor, 48105