Find a way to join in, grow, and serve!
There is a multitude of opportunities for those who would like to offer their time and talents as volunteers. Here are some brief descriptions of some of the many ways you can get involved:
- Buildings and Grounds - Volunteer for events such as the annual fall leaf raking, tending the Memorial Garden, or occasional other weeding or planting projects.
- Children and Youth Ministries Volunteers - There are many ways to help within the children and youth ministries - from working in the crib room, to washing linens, to teaching Sunday school, and more.
- Communications & Technology Volunteers - Assist in running the sound system in the Sanctuary on Sunday and for other special services.
- Worship & Welcoming Volunteers - There are a multitude of opportunities to assist with welcoming and as a worship volunteer. Serve as an usher, greeter, welcome center volunteer, lay reader, serve communion, or bake cookies.
- Congregational Life Committee - All members of the congregation are invited to become a member of one of the Congregational Life Committee work groups to help us with the indicated activities or other initiatives related to the mission of the Congregational Life Committee.
- Local Mission Opportunities - This is a complete listing of the local missions that First Presbyterian is involved with, and the various volunteer opportunities available to participate in.
Complete the online Volunteer Form to sign up today!
Deacons and Elders are important nominated volunteer positions within the church! For more information about becoming an Elder, visit our "Being an Elder" page. For more information on being a Deacon, visit our "Being a Deacon" page.