First Pres Campus Ministries, UKirk@UMich, is a UKirk Ministry, connecting it with the strong national Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) network of campus ministries. Rev. Evans McGowan is the Campus Ministries Coordinator and coordinates our outreach to graduate and professional students and young adults. As a team we reach out to Michigan students as well as those on neighboring campuses.
At UKirk@UMich we are building relationships with young adults who are thirsty for an authentic, welcoming community. Christ is calling us to meet with students wherever they are and to listen courageously to their stories. We look forward to thinking both compassionately and critically about how our Christian faith can respond to students’ personal lives, and challenge them to respond in service and to extend God’s justice and love to a hurting world.
We are here to deepen relationships through authentic conversations that empower us to faithful action and spiritual growth.
Our four key values:
- Intentional Relationship
- Informed Faith
- Inclusive Love
- Interactive Hope
Semester Weekly Schedule
- Sundays at 12 p.m.: College Lunch - FREE FOOD
- Mondays at 3 - 5 p.m.: Coffee Crew - FREE DRINK in the Michigan League with reserved study / break space.
- Fridays at 9 - 11 a.m.: Coffee Crew - FREE DRINK in the Michigan League with reserved study / break space.
- Small Group Bible Study - To Be Announced; please contact Evans (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information
"The Lord is my alongsider. I shall not freak out. You make me take a chill pill & know that I'm okay, you lead me to know my beloved-ness you restore my sense of self. You lead me in paths of righteousness for your name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of darkness, depression, death, loss, sadness, grief, unknown, fear I shall fear no evil because you are with me. Your love, grace, presence, they comfort me. You know me. You love me. Surely grace and presence will follow me all the days of my life and I will dwell in unsurpassable peace forever."-This was written during a service led by UKirk at Michigan State at Eastminster Presbyterian Church in East Lansing.
- Rev. Evans McGowan, Campus Ministries Coordinator, email@example.com