The Bible with Rev. Ed Koster
Sundays at 5:00 p.m. (formerly at 9:30 a.m.)
Zoom Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86545144620 (Meeting ID: 865 4514 4620)
The Rev Ed Koster is teaching a course on the Gospel of Mark, touching on the unique features of this earliest of the gospels. His class explores the major themes and the underlying connections to the other New Testament gospels. Each week the class will take up a section or chapter of the Gospel with a presentation, discussion, and time for questions and answers. For more information and to receive the study materials for each week, contact Rev. Ed Koster at firstname.lastname@example.org
Exploring The Faith: Those Who Dream
Sundays at 12:15 p.m. via Zoom https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89707880133
Meeting ID: 897 0788 0133
Our Advent series invites us to draw from rich traditions and examples in the arts to inspire and fuel our dreams. As we wonder and ponder what is possible for our future, we can turn to the arts for inspiration and insight. During our Advent season, we will draw inspiration from different forms of art – music, visual arts, and the written word – to fuel our individual and collective dreams. The series will showcase the art and gifts of several church members as seeds for our dreaming of possibilities.
- December 6 and 13 - Dreaming Through Music, Part 1 & 2. Rev. Andrew Frazier and David VanderMeer will lead this two-part thoughtful and heartwarming presentation.
- December 20 - Class Will Not Meet
- December 27 - TBA...See December’s Weekly Bulletins
- January 3 - Dreaming Through the Visual Arts. Artists Lois Bryant, Angie Miller, and Carole Pawloski will share some of their artwork and describe the hopes and dreams that inspired their creation.
- January 10 - Dreaming Through the Written Word. Writers Judy Wenzel, Scott Ellsworth, and Callie Feyen will share some of their writing and illuminate how their work has been informed by dreams, as well as how it inspires dreams and senses of possibility.
Journeys Book & Bible Study
Journeys Book & Bible Study will meet via Zoom on the second Thursday of the month this summer. Plan to join us on July 9 and August 6. The group is reading Falling Upward: A Spirituality for the Two Halves of Life by Fr. Richard Rohr. Contact Rev. Frazier (email@example.com) for more information. NOTE: December meetings are the first and third Thursday.
Presbyterian Women: Stay Connected!
PW Moderator Ginny Bell continues to send out timely information in email blasts. We invite all women of the church to be added to the email list by contacting Ginny (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Social Justice Group
Are you passionate about climate change isssues? First Pres is forming a Social Justice Group which you are invited to join. Contact Rev. Sanderford (email@example.com) for more information.
Additional Reading and Study Groups
Other small groups, such as reading groups and bible studies, are also available. For more information visit our Small Groups page.