Deacons are ordained officers of the church who provide spiritual comfort and other assistance to regionally-based groups of member families in the church, called chapels. A large group of chapels forms a Quadrant.
- Quad A (Zip Code 48105, plus Dexter) — Quad A Leader: Jan Fisher
- Quad B (Zip Code 48104) — Quad B Leader: Nancy Fox
- Quad C (Zip Code 48103) — Quad C Leader: Diane Knibbs
- Quad D (Zip Code 48108, plus outlying areas) — Quad D Leader: Carol Downton
Quadrant A is the membership of our church that lives in northeast Ann Arbor, and the areas outside of Ann Arbor, north and east of the city and includes, Pinckney, and Hamburg; Quadrant B is the area immediately surrounding our church, including the University of Michigan; Quadrant C is predominantly the west side of Ann Arbor; Quadrant D includes Ypsilanti, Saline, Brooklyn, Chelsea, Belleville, Milan, Grass Lake, Manchester, Tecumseh, Gregory, Northville, Dearborn, Farmington Hills, Livonia, Novi, Plymouth, Canton, Willis, Lansing, Flint, Howell, Brighton, South Lyon, Whitmore Lake, and other outlying areas.
To learn or verify your chapel number and deacon’s name, contact the Rev. Melissa Anne Rogers, at email@example.com, or 662-4466, ext. 390.
QUADS - Chapels and Deacons
2021 Co-Moderators: Carol Gottliebsen and Michele Madden
Quad A (Zip Code 48105*), Quad A Leader: Jan Fisher
(*Plus Barton Hills, North Ann Arbor, and Dexter)
- Chapel 10 - Mary Polkowski
- Chapel 11 - Betty Anderson
- Chapel 12 - Sandy Anderson
- Chapel 13 - Dan Christensen, Nicole Joliet, Elsa Stuber, and John Yodhes
- Chapel 14 - Kim Byers-Granito and Felicity Williams
- Chapel 15 - Jim Douglass
- Chapel 16 - Jeanette Middleton
- Chapel 17 - Holly Majorprice, Aiden Majorprice
QUAD B (Zip Code 48104), Quad B Leader: Nancy Fox
- Chapel 20 - Angie Miller
- Chapel 21 - Pam Ehrhart
- Chapel 22 - Chris Queen
- Chapel 23 - Gary Stahl
- Chapel 24 - Anne Andrus
- Chapel 25 - Sharon Dort
- Chapel 26 - Catherine Kendall and Betsy MacCallister
- Chapel 27 - John LeDuc
- Chapel 28 - Diane Tamblyn
Quad C (Zip Code 48103), Quad C Leader: Diane Knibbs
- Chapel 30 - Lisa Danielson and Nancy Janz Clark
- Chapel 31 - Daniel Bizer-Cox
- Chapel 32 - Julie Wheaton
- Chapel 33 - Jennifer Edwards
- Chapel 34 - Karen Moorhead
- Chapel 35 - Brad Taylor
- Chapel 36 - Nelly Petrock
- Chapel 37 - Kathy Hillig and Nancy Tena
- Chapel 38 - Carol Fletcher
- Chapel 39 - Merry Muilenberg
Quad D (Zip Code 48108 *Plus), Quad D Leader: Carol Downton
(*Plus Saline, Belleville, Brooklyn, Milan, Carlton, Ypsilanti, Chelsea, Grass Lake, Manchester, Tecumseh, Gregory, Northville, Dearborn, Farmington Hills, Livonia, Novi, Plymouth, Canton, Willis, Whitmore Lake, Brighton, South Lyon, Howell)
- Chapel 40 - Jesse Feyen
- Chapel 41 - Jim and Kyle Hall
- Chapel 42 - Christopher Lin
- Chapel 43 - Linda Koos and Robin Fosheim
- Chapel 44 - Jim Campbell
- Chapel 45 - Charlotte Anderson Sawtell
- Chapel 46 - Peggy Hodgson
- Chapel 47 - Amy Lindauer
- Chapel 48 - Jim Mulcrone
- Chapel 77 - Carole Hendrickson
Staff Deacon: Becky Gaffney
Choir Deacon: Lisa Danielson
Deacon’s responsibilities include:
- Attend a monthly meeting to share information about church activities, plan events, grow in faith and fellowship, and gain valuable resources for their ministry.
- Contact members regularly by phone call, email, and visits to build community, lend support, share information, or ascertain needs. Deacons share relevant and appropriate information about church members with the pastoral staff so that all feel cared for in their time of need. With the staff, deacons “rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep.”
- Provide support at the time of birth of a new baby with a home visit, rosebud, and resource gift bag including hand-knit baby blanket. Deacons also act as baptism hosts for families presenting infants for baptism, lending help at the morning worship service and providing support.
- Welcome new members to the church and their chapel by attending the new member breakfasts held four times a year (when we are able to meet in person again) and remaining in consistent contact with new members of First Pres.
- Provide support during hospitalization or bereavement through cards, visits, meals and errands during convalescence. Deacons also access our Helping Hands or Stephen Ministry groups as needed.
- Work with our church elders to serve communion at our weekly and monthly communion services (deliver communion kits when not meeting together in person).
- Deliver flowers from our worship service weekly, and special plants during holiday times, to our members in need, those grieving, or those with special birthdays or joys.
- Hold special services of worship several times a year at local care facilities.
- Get to know other deacons and church officers, modeling good ties of fellowship and friendship for our church members.